P. Eng., President and COO
- Mr. Biles is a professional engineer with more than 38 years experience, including 16 years as General Manager of 4 producing mines
- Bachelor of Metallurgical Engineering, Technical University of Nova Scotia, 1972
- From 1975 to 1994 held Superintendent and General Manager positions for a number of Canadian mining operations including Falconbridge, Cypress Anvil, Corona and Claude Resources
- From 1994 to 2002 started as Mine Manager eventually becoming General Manager of Barrick's rich Eskay Creek mine in Smithers, BC
- From 2003-2006 was the General Manager of the Bellavista gold mine in Costa Rica for Glencairn Gold, where he supervised the development from start-up through to commercial production in 2006.
- Has excelled at maximizing gold mining operations, achieving production and cost targets and establishing excellent track records for safety first, environmental leadership and strong relations with employees and First Nations.
CEO and Director
- Most recently he was President and CEO of Arctic Star Exploration (TSX-V: ADD), a diamond exploration company.
- Prior he held the position of CFO and VP Finance with Amarillo Gold (TSX-V: AGC) a gold developer in Brazil.
- Additionally, he co-founded Euroscandic International Group Inc., a private company that offered investment banking services to natural resource companies.
- During his time in the industry Scott has been responsible for raising in excess of $500 million in combined equity and debt financing for mining projects varying from exploration to construction financing around the globe.
- Mr. Eldridge has a B.B.A. from Capilano University in Vancouver Canada, and an M.B.A. from Central European University in Budapest Hungary.
PhD, VP Exploration
- Mr Margolis is a geologist with over 28 years of professional experience in gold exploration in the western U.S. and in British Columbia.
- He has extensive experience in a variety of gold‐silver deposit settings, including epithermal volcanic‐hosted, sediment‐hosted Carlin‐type and porphyry gold‐copper systems in the Great Basin and elsewhere.
- He is experienced in exploration methods, including geophysics, remote sensing, geochemistry, geologic mapping and sampling, structural analysis, geographic information systems, 3D modeling, alteration mapping and drilling, and he has successfully evaluated, developed and managed many exploration projects in Nevada.
- He has held positions in senior exploration management with major mining companies as well as with the junior sector, including exploration manager at open‐pit and underground gold mining operations in Nevada and exploration manager and vice president directing regional generative exploration programs.
M.B.A., C.P.A., CFO
- Professional accountant with MBA and MEng (Mining) degrees and with over 24 years of experience in corporate management, regulatory reporting, accounting, auditing and taxation.
- BComm degree, University of British Columbia
- MBA degree, City University
- MEng (Mining) degree, University of Arizona
- Achieved professional qualifications as CPA, CGA, CMA, CMC, CIA, CFE and MAusIMM.
- From 1988 to 1997, acted as controller, treasurer and/or associate for Canadian Connection Group, Can-Chi Group and Corporate House, responsible for all accounting, reporting and management functions for private and public companies.
- From 1997 to 2003 acted as Controller for Augusta Group, overseeing all accounting and reporting activities for publicly-listed mineral exploration companies.
- Has acted as Chief Financial Officer, Vice-President (Finance) and/or Controller for Canarc Resource Corp. (since 2003), Aztec Metals Corp. (since 2003), Endeavour Silver Corp. (from 2003 to 2007) and Parallel Resources Ltd. (from 2009 to 2011).
- Member of AICPA, WSBCPA, CGABC, CMABC, CAMC, IIA, ACFE, SME, and AusIMM.
Sign up for the latest news and updates