B.Com. Chief Executive Officer, CEO
- Professional economist with 20 years of experience in business development, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, communications, governance and sustainability in Canada, US, Europe and Asia.
- Graduated from the Academy of Economic Studies in Bucharest, Romania with a B.Com. Degree in Business Administration and Economics in 1997 and has since completed several professional programs in capital markets, business strategy and corporate governance.
- Prior to joining Canarc was Director of Corporate Communications with Aurcana Corporation from 2012-2014 and served in a similar role for Selwyn Resources Corporation from 2010-2012
- From 2001-2012 worked as an industry analyst with a $3.5 Billion investment fund.
- He was instrumental in raising over CA$175 million in joint venture, equity and debt financings for mineral resource projects since 2010.
P. Eng., President and COO
- Mr. Biles is a professional engineer with more than 38 years experience, including 16 years as General Manager of 4 producing mines
- Bachelor of Metallurgical Engineering, Technical University of Nova Scotia, 1972
- From 1975 to 1994 held Superintendent and General Manager positions for a number of Canadian mining operations including Falconbridge, Cypress Anvil, Corona and Claude Resources
- From 1994 to 2002 started as Mine Manager eventually becoming General Manager of Barrick's rich Eskay Creek mine in Smithers, BC
- From 2003-2006 was the General Manager of the Bellavista gold mine in Costa Rica for Glencairn Gold, where he supervised the development from start-up through to commercial production in 2006.
- Has excelled at maximizing gold mining operations, achieving production and cost targets and establishing excellent track records for safety first, environmental leadership and strong relations with employees and First Nations.
M.B.A., C.P.A., CFO
- Professional accountant with MBA and MEng (Mining) degrees and with over 24 years of experience in corporate management, regulatory reporting, accounting, auditing and taxation.
- BComm degree, University of British Columbia
- MBA degree, City University
- MEng (Mining) degree, University of Arizona
- Achieved professional qualifications as CPA, CGA, CMA, CMC, CIA, CFE and MAusIMM.
- From 1988 to 1997, acted as controller, treasurer and/or associate for Canadian Connection Group, Can-Chi Group and Corporate House, responsible for all accounting, reporting and management functions for private and public companies.
- From 1997 to 2003 acted as Controller for Augusta Group, overseeing all accounting and reporting activities for publicly-listed mineral exploration companies.
- Has acted as Chief Financial Officer, Vice-President (Finance) and/or Controller for Canarc Resource Corp. (since 2003), Aztec Metals Corp. (since 2003), Endeavour Silver Corp. (from 2003 to 2007) and Parallel Resources Ltd. (from 2009 to 2011).
- Member of AICPA, WSBCPA, CGABC, CMABC, CAMC, IIA, ACFE, SME, and AusIMM.
Sign up for the latest news and updates